… and I am freezing!! 😦
Okay so doing a touch typing course when you have a bad shoulder is clearly a bad move. I am in more agony than ever this morning, I have had to double up on my painkillers and intend to spend the day doing very little to aid recovery… RICE – Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation is the order of the day. hopefully today will be uneventful to promote this recovery period. Doubling up on painkillers also means that extra sleep is guaranteed (they knock me out). The main downfall of this method is that it will be bad for my mood, I hate doing nothing and will feel such a failure (again) at having achieved NOTHING in a day. I feel the main reason my recovery from this injury may be slow will be down to my own stubbornness at needing to ‘do’ something useful and therefore NOT allowing the shoulder enough time to heal… a no win situation as the longer it is bad the less I can do and the more I will feel I NEED to be doing things and will do things prolonging the pain = vicious circle… Damn…
Well I am going to try to stick with the rest today so I am off to sleep now, lets see how long I can stick at it!
- One sentence for every year of your life so far… (showard76.wordpress.com)
- Realising the limits of your own capability – BPD wins again (showard76.wordpress.com)
- Gratitude 101: Snow (perpetualgratitude.wordpress.com)
- Could Medical Marijuana Reduce Patients’ Need for Opioid Painkillers? (socyberty.com)
- Painkillers cost NHS £442m a year (bbc.co.uk)