Well, what better thing could I choose to say something nice about than the #30dayblog challenge itself!?
The #30dayblog challenge was created by @NikkiPilkington, internet marketeer, to help people improve their blogging skills. mainly aimed at business bloggers, but my own success with the challenge is proving it is useful even for ‘personal’ bloggers such as myself! The best thing about the challenge other than how it helps you is Nikki herself! Nikki is really nice and helpful, if you get stuck she is available to help via email/twitter or on Facebook (although bare in mind she has a lot of paying customers to work with as well so she can’t respond immediately!)
Since starting this challenge the visitor count to my blog has gone higher than ever! With 182 hits on my busiest day, when before I would only average around 40 hits at my busiest times, and I’ve only done 5 days. Well actually only 4 as Day 5 is writing a guest blog – though I have been offered the chance to write a guest blog for another blogger and I am writing this at the moment 🙂
If you want to find out how others are getting on with the challenge you could use the twitter hashtag to find what people are saying about the challenge on twitter – just search for #30dayblog, I’m sure you’ll find it all fascinating! 🙂
- Not to make my blog ‘me, me, me’ – people are more interested if it is something topical, helpful or informative, top tips are especially good!
- Titles- catchy, funny title’s may be interesting but ‘questions’ that people may be searching for on Google gain higher hit rates
- Call to action – ending my blogs with a direction of what to do next for readers.
The blogs I have written so far for this challenge are: Is Chivalry Sexist?, Hints and Tips for your Grand Princess Norwegian Fjords Cruise from Southampton, #30DayBlog Challenge – Day 3: Call to Action, and Where can I smoke on a cruise ship?
Of course I don’t want to give away all the secrets here, if you want to improve your blogging skills why not give the challenge a try yourself? You can find out more about the challenge here. And you can even purchase the e-book at: Click here to visit NikkiPilkington.com.
Happy blogging 😀
Thank you for reading! If you have enjoyed reading this post why not retweet this blog to your followers for me? Share a link on your facebook page? or promote this blog wherever you can (without spamming!!!)
Use this link to share this post – http://wp.me/pLoi4-aI
And feel free to contact me on twitter, facebook or email – email@example.com if you have any questions, a suggestion about something you would like to see me blog about, if you would like to write a guest blog for my site or would like me to write a guest blog for your blog/website 🙂
- #30dayblog – Day 6 – Say Something Nice! (showard76.wordpress.com)
- #30DayBlog Challenge – Day 3: Call to Action (showard76.wordpress.com)
- Need ideas for blogging? (showard76.wordpress.com)
- #30dayblog – Day 8 – Picture This (showard76.wordpress.com)
- 5 Great blogs… (showard76.wordpress.com)
- Blog Round Up – The Three C’s and BPD (showard76.wordpress.com)
- #30dayblog – Day 7 – A Day In The Life… (showard76.wordpress.com)
- How I started writing (showard76.wordpress.com)
- London Film and Comic Con 2011 – Part 4 (showard76.wordpress.com)