What a great journey! I’ve had so much fun, learned so much, gained more confidence in my writing and been inspired – The #30dayblog challenge has pushed me to think more about what I write, who I am writing for and how to get people reading. This is also a landmark post for me, as well as completing the challenge this is my 100th post on my blog! Yay – Go me! 😀
So, as the challenge comes to an end here is a round up of some of the main things I have learned that help get more people reading your blog…
- Post Titles – Interesting ‘catchy’ titles might look good but ‘questions’ attract higher hit rates!
- Topical blogs – Are really popular, my first post for the challenge was written around an online newspaper article I had read and is STILL the most popular post on my site a month later!
- Call to Action – I now include this at the end of all my posts, to encourage readers to share, comment, subscribe and interact with me and my blog
- Guests – writing a guest post for another site and receiving guest posts on your site to give readers some variety and help promote other bloggers
- SEO – the use of key words and phrases, tags and titles that will attract attention in search engines to draw more traffic. Using wordpress.com prevents me using various plugins that would enhance this further, but it’s still proved useful!
- Promotion – traffic to my blog has increased dramatically through useful promotion (without spamming). I now have my blog registered with a number of blog directories and lists, use Stumbleupon regularly and share links to my posts on relevant facebook groups/pages or in the comments of a news article when I have written a blog around the topic in the original article.
- Pictures – using pictures enhances your subject and can help to attract more interest
Now you may notice I haven’t given much detail about any of these things – there is a good reason for this! I don’t want to give it all away without encouraging you to take up the challenge yourself, that wouldn’t be fair 😉 You need to put in the effort if you want to see the results – no taking shortcuts! So if you want to take the #30dayblog challenge why not head over to Nikki Pilkington’s blog to find out more or purchase the ebook for just £5 – Click here to visit NikkiPilkington.com.
Thank you for reading! If you have enjoyed reading this post why not retweet this blog to your followers for me? Share a link on your facebook page? or promote this blog wherever you can (without spamming!!!)
Use this link to share this post – http://wp.me/pLoi4-df
Why not subscribe to my blog so you can be amongst the first to view new posts as they appear!? To do this just click on the ‘keep me informed’ button on the left hand side of the page and enter your email address; or click ‘notify me’ at the bottom of this article when you leave a comment! 😀
And feel free to contact me on twitter, facebook or email – firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, would like to write a guest blog for my site, have a suggestion about something you would like to see me blog about or would like me to write a guest blog for your blog/website 🙂
- Need ideas for blogging? (showard76.wordpress.com)
- Blog Round Up – The Three C’s and BPD (showard76.wordpress.com)
- 5 Great blogs… (showard76.wordpress.com)
- #30DayBlog Challenge – Day 3: Call to Action (showard76.wordpress.com)
- #30dayblog – Day 6 – Say Something Nice! (showard76.wordpress.com)
- #30dayblog – Day 8 – Picture This (showard76.wordpress.com)
- 5 Reasons to Guest Blog (rubylane.com)
- #30dayblog – Day 7 – A Day In The Life… (showard76.wordpress.com)
- (Through the light of day) A poem of lust or is it love? – Guest Blog by Lydie (showard76.wordpress.com)