Okay so my blog schedule is actually full at the moment and I don’t normally do more than one post per day but I just needed to highlight that this is a manic month for me, why? because in addition to quitting my job, starting two open university courses and having at least two potential business opportunites lined up I have also taken on two blogging/writing challenges!
The first which started on the 1st October is the Ultimate Blog challenge, where I receive a new email each day with blogging ideas to continue supporting my regular posting following on from the success of the #30DayBlog challenge I did earlier this year. Before the challenge started I already had my first ten posts written and scheduled!
It was through looking at other posts going up for this challenge that I discovered ROW80 – A Round of Words in 80 days “a writing challenge that knows you have a life” and thought yeah what the heck, lets do that too! 80 days of writing exciting! I just need to set a measurable goal for my writing and check-in with my progress twice a week!
So here are my goals for the #ROW80 challenge:
- To write at least 3 blog posts each week (although 5 would be better to meet my other blogging requirements… but I do get guest bloggers and interviews at times that can fill any gaps….)
- To write at least 750 words per month towards my works in progress (I am writing my life story and also a fiction novel and a tinkering with a few other bits but haven’t been putting in enough effort for any of them – need to crack down and this challenge will help me do that!)
I don’t like to specify much in regards to the amount of time/hours I will spend on these things as that will hugely vary depending on what I am writing and other things I am doing but I feel these goals are achievable, lets see!
Well that’s that for now if you are interested in either challenge latecomers are welcome to find out more click here for the Ultimate Blog Challenge and click here for the ROW80 challenge, you can also still get the ebook to join the #30DayBlog challenge – Click here to visit NikkiPilkington.com.
You can also follow both challenges on twitter with the hashtags #blogboost for the Ulitimate Blog Challenge, #ROW80 for the ROW80 challenge and #30dayblog for the 30dayblog challenge. Also why not check out the linky list to see who else is participating in ROW80 and what goals they have set!
Thank you for reading! If you have enjoyed reading this post please share it with others who may be interested and I always enjoy receiving feedback and comments 🙂
- The Ultimate Blog Challenge (missriki.wordpress.com)
- Blog round up – #30dayblog challenge over, what now? (showard76.wordpress.com)
- We’re Gonna Party Like it’s ROW80 Round 4! (doingthewritething.wordpress.com)
- Rock the Row! (wordsbydesign.wordpress.com)
- Let’s Try This ROW 80 Diddlybop Again (thedailywoman.wordpress.com)
- 5 things that I find inspiration from when blogging (showard76.wordpress.com)
- Brain Dumps (simplicality.wordpress.com)
- ROWnd and ROWnd it Goes (doingthewritething.wordpress.com)