The Goals –
- To write at least 3 blog posts each week (although 5 would be better to meet my other blogging requirements… but I do get guest bloggers and interviews at times that can fill any gaps….)
- To write at least 750 words per month towards my works in progress (I am writing my life story and also a fiction novel and a tinkering with a few other bits but haven’t been putting in enough effort for any of them – need to crack down and this challenge will help me do that!
- To complete the weekly study requirements for both of my Open University courses – the requirements vary each week so I can’t include them all in the overall goal, but at each check-in I can describe what I needed to do, and if I managed to do it 🙂
Now I know it hasn’t even been a week since then but I have updated my goals even further. I actually got into trouble for this with my fiance, when he saw me filling in my spreadsheet to keep a tally on what I was doing towards meeting my targets! lol He thinks I have taken it a bit too far… what do you think? here are my new weekly goals…
- Write at least 3 blog posts
- Write at least 250 words on WIP
- Complete OU weekly learning sessions
- Comment on at least 10 blog posts
- Reply to my emails (daily)
- Reply to tweets/RT’s/followers (daily)
- Write any Guest Post I have been asked to do
- Read 1 chapter of fiction
- Read 1 chapter of non-fiction
- Read at least one news article
- Contribute to OU forums
- Contribute to FB forums
- Compile Twitter lists to manage my followers
- Comment on at least 5 photos in OU studio
- Schedule/upload my guests/interviews
Okay so there they are – too much?
Here’s how much I have done towards each since Wednesday’s check in…
- Write at least 3 blog posts – I have written and scheduled 4 posts, just 2 more and I’m chocca block up to & including 22nd October…
- Write at least 250 words on WIP – 1037 words, typing up character intros that I had written while on holiday.
- Complete OU weekly learning sessions – All reading done up to date, need to take some photos to complete week 4 photography tasks…
- Comment on at least 10 blog posts – Commented on 13 blog posts and responded to all comments on mine (including my guest post on MIND)
- Reply to my emails (daily) – yep, been keeping on top of this one 🙂
- Reply to tweets/RT’s/followers (daily) – yep, also on top of this one 🙂
- Write any Guest Post I have been asked to do – I have written and submitted 3 guest posts that I was asked to do this week
- Read 1 chapter of fiction – Read 3 chapter’s of Ben Elton‘s ‘Blind Faith’ and one chapter of Nick Hornby‘s ‘Polysyllabic spree’ and made notes for reviews
- Read 1 chapter of non-fiction – read one chapter of ‘The Borderline Personality Survival Guide’ and made notes for a review and a blog post…
- Read at least one news article – I read an interesting article about a man ‘surfing on a shark’ and also a piece about house rental prices in the UK which is rather worrying as the UK housing market is a nightmare for first time buyers already, now private renting is unaffordable and housing authorities have no ‘social housing’ available – looks like we’re heading for a homelessness crisis at this rate!
- Contribute to OU forums – I have been following and commenting on a few threads and posted a few things myself…
- Contribute to FB forums – Not as much as I would like, but still been keeping up – just!
- Compile Twitter lists to manage my followers – Working on compiling a ROW80 list first, then gonna organise everyone else into lists, hopefully one list per week if I can fit it in!
- Comment on at least 5 photos in OU studio – Done 12, it’s hard having to give ‘constructive criticism’ rather than just saying ‘Love this picture’ lol but gotta give useful feedback!
- Schedule/upload my guests/interviews – I had two to upload/schedule this week, both done 🙂
Of course there’s all the normal household duties on top of these and I’ve spent over 8 hours working on the accounts for my fiance’s business as well! And then I have to watch my weekly episode of House (which will be joined by a weekly episode of Bones and The Walking Dead soon as well…). We also went to the cinema to see ‘Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy‘ (I don’t usually review my movie watching as I like to just enjoy the film) I would be taking notes throughout if I really wanted to write a good review, and that would just spoil my own enjoyment of the film! That said, It was a good film though, very interesting (not one of my all time favourites, watch-able without being a ‘must see again’) personally I liked the side story of hidden sexuality issues – my fiance didn’t spot this side story until I pointed a few things out to him! And we went to see Reel Steel – now that was awesome! I really got into cheering (silently so as not to freak out other cinema goers) for the robots – the only thing better would have to be there watching the robot boxing matches! The storyline wasn’t too bad either. I spent a few hours making candles on Saturday afternoon – errghh! what a horrid, boring, tedious nightmare craft! I won’t be doing that again! lol
I have also had a few new ‘record’ breaking events this week… I passed 15,500 hits on my blog, and now have over 960 followers on twitter! On Saturday I had 476 hits on my blog which beat my previous ‘busiest’ day of 291 hits by 185 – I don’t even know why the sudden boost in traffic as my stats didn’t show a particular source as being a major contributor – the hits were coming direct to my homepage! I also decided to do a bit of self-promotion and submitted my blog for an a ward at the Bloggers Choice Awards – you can vote for me by clicking this link and signing in – you could even nominate your own/other blogs while you are there! 😉
Last but not least I am working on an idea to set up my own business (I tried this before but chose the wrong type of business to go into) I won’t give anything away on that yet, but maybe once I have a few things sorted I’ll share more… 😉
Well I think that about does it for this check-in. Do you think I have expanded my goals too much? or is it just a sign of how über organised I am that I have broken it all down so much?
How are you getting on with your goals?
Would you like to write a guest post for my blog about what you are doing? If so feel free to drop me a line on twitter, facebook or email! 🙂
Well I better go do those photos now to complete the last bit of these goals, then it all starts again… lol
Thank you for reading! If you have enjoyed reading this post please share it with others who may be interested and I always enjoy receiving feedback and comments 🙂
- ROW80 Second Check-in (showard76.wordpress.com)
- ROW80 Check-in Number 3 (showard76.wordpress.com)
- ROW80 First Check-In! (showard76.wordpress.com)
- September Challenges and ROW80 Goals (showard76.wordpress.com)
- ROW80 Round 4 – Going for the Goals (doingthewritething.wordpress.com)
- I Am ROW80. This Is My First Update. (burinsmith.com)
- We’re Gonna Party Like it’s ROW80 Round 4! (doingthewritething.wordpress.com)
- ROW80 Check-In – On a Roll! (marcia-richards.com)
- ROWing Down Highway 80 (thedailywoman.wordpress.com)
- October 5th Check-In (aroundofwordsin80days.wordpress.com)
- Do the ROWky Pokey (doingthewritething.wordpress.com)
- October 9th Check-In (aroundofwordsin80days.wordpress.com)
- It’s a (Milestone) Party!!! (doingthewritething.wordpress.com)
- Paying it Forward, Author Interview and Call for Guest Posts (damyantiwrites.wordpress.com)
- How to Use Guest Blogging for Effective Link Building (hubspot.com)
- 5 things that I find inspiration from when blogging (showard76.wordpress.com)
- Fishing for OU Twitter Folk… (ouseful.info)