This was one of those occasional WordPress suggestions that caught my eye, I thought it would be fun to see if I can sum up each year of my life in a simple sentence… lets see how it goes! lol
1976 – I was born this year…
1977 – I was a baby, a chubby baby
1978 – I sent most of the time sleeping and ‘bum-shuffling’ (I skipped crawling)
1979 – My sister was born this year.
1980 – My first big adventure – lost in a shopping mall
1981 – Fighting, tree climbing and biting.
1982 – We moved house
1983 – New Primary School, New friends.
1984 – Moved up to Junior school
1985 – Kiss-chase in the playground at school
1986 – My parents split up
1987 – Mr Fishers class with preserved animal parts in jars.
1988 – Started senior school
1989 – Lots of time off school, twisted ankle and chicken-pox
1990 – Moved senior school due to bullying
1991 – Bullied again, started ‘acting out’ – first signs of BPD?
1992 – Met and started dating my future husband
1993 – My son was born, 13 weeks early.
1994 – My daughter was born, heart condition.
1995 – Went back to education
1996 – Passed my first lot of exams with A and B grades 😀
1997 – More studying and voluntary work
1998 – Partner diagnosed with and has surgery for brain tumour and son diagnosed with epilepsy
1999 – Got married
2000 – Husband has radiotherapy for brain tumour returning
2001 – Start my first paid job with Forensics
2002 – Leave job due to husband, Move house, start studying with Open University
2003 – Start home-educating my son due to problems with school
2004 – Son diagnosed with Aspergers and starts senior school
2005 – Daughter starts senior school
2006 – Studying with 3 universities at once
2007 – I’m like a hermit, reclusive and don’t go out at all
2008 – life changing – husbands tumour returns, I get sterilised, start looking for work and heaven forbid ‘socializing’!!
2009 – Start working in IT, separate from Husband, graduate with 2.1 Honors degree, husband dies from brain tumour
2010 – made redundant, diagnosed with BPD, start working in NHS
2011 – Nearly die, Blogging rules, leave work in NHS, BPD rules, get engaged…
wow, that was actually tough for some years! – what about you? can you summarise your life with a sentence for each year? It would be a good starting point for writing your life story – prompts for each year, that may trigger more memories! Why not give it a go and be sure to let me know how you get on! 🙂
Thank you for reading! If you have enjoyed reading this post please share it with others who may be interested and I always enjoy receiving feedback and comments 🙂
- Constant career changes – the BPD unstable sense of self and identity (showard76.wordpress.com)
- Psychotherapy – My first therapy session (showard76.wordpress.com)
- Returning to work after a BPD crisis (showard76.wordpress.com)
- Found! Brain tumour culprit (news.bioscholar.com)
- Reinventing self… The BPD unstable sense of self and identity rears its ugly head again (showard76.wordpress.com)
- Help! I’ve just been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder… A reference list (showard76.wordpress.com)
- Experiencing DBT: BPD therapy – Guest Post by Suzanne (showard76.wordpress.com)
- Harry Moseley An Inspirational Young Boy (femaleimagination.wordpress.com)