After a great weekend, including a brilliant Sunday check-in, passing 5000 hits on my blog in a single month, a lovely community Halloween party in our street and a great start on my weekly goals n Monday, Tuesday came as a massive downer…
On Monday amongst the many things I got done I had my first go at my new goal (number 12) to get some exercise but spending just 30 minutes on the Wi fit each morning. I did my 30 minutes, pleased to discover that I still only weigh 8 1/2 stone (54kg) since I last went on the console about a year ago. I enjoyed my gentle work out, but after my calves were feeling a bit tight. I ignored it as I’m used to having this issue after exercise, even though it is part of the reason I had to stop previous exercise.
But, on Tuesday morning I could barely walk, my calves were like springs coiled so tight they were ready to snap, in addition my arms ached as though I had been carrying double my body weight on the end of each and every joint in my body felt strained as if I had been put on ‘The Rack’ and stretched. In other words, I spent the day in agony from my neck to my toes. The reason – that small amount of exercise (taken gently with proper warming up and cooling down) has clearly aggravated my ongoing (exercise preventing) condition -Hypermobility. I won’t go into detail here as I’m planning a separate post about the condition, but basically it is a condition whereby I am hyper flexible, but it causes a lot of joint pain and problems.
So, Tuesday I was feeling very depressed and de-motivated due to the pain and discomfort. Just going back to bed would have been nice but I couldn’t sit/lie or stand comfortably at all in any position for any amount of time. In some ways I hate this condition more than my BPD even though I have barely mentioned it before on my blog – I am almost more ashamed of this condition as it prevents me doing so much more than BPD does 😦
Anyway, enough of the self-pity, it’s bad enough that I feel that if I were an animal they would have put me down by now for being lame as well as mentally ill, but what I hate more is complaining about it – but here I am doing just that (this is why you shouldn’t write when you are upset! you just end up whingeing and sounding all attention-seeking!! grrrr)
On with the goals…
- Write at least 3 blog posts – I’ve completed one and the review of Ben Elton’s Blind Faith (finally!) and I’m half way through another, but I have plenty more ideas including Hypermobility to get written down, I just need to feel comfortable enough sitting down for a while to get them done!
- Write at least 250 words on WIP – I’ve just put 11 words down as a note of something I want to include, but will be doing the word count in the 2nd half of this week
- Complete OU weekly learning sessions – I got that Sociology assignment submitted so now I’m just pulling together the final assignment for my photography course before moving on with the next section of the Sociology course.
- Comment on at least 10 blog posts – I’ve commented on 23 posts, although that does include the 15 comments I needed to make to inform people I had awarded them the Versatile Blogger award
- Reply to my emails (daily) – I am still keeping my inbox down, no unread/un-replied messages so far.
- Reply to tweets/RT’s/followers (daily) – Also keeping up with this one.
- Write any Guest Post I have been asked to do – I watched, took notes on and reviewed 5 documentaries for Mind – my post for them should be going up some time today…
- Read 1 chapter of fiction – Read a further 2 chapters of The Choice by Lorhainne Eckhart
- Read 1 chapter of non-fiction – Not done any yet but will do in the second half of this week…
- Read at least one news article – The Guardian had a sad tale of how mental health patients are still being failed in the UK, which echoed my sentiments following watching the documentaries for Mind…
- Contribute to OU/FB forums – I’ve made a few contributions and set up a new group for our road after our ‘Halloween street party’ which was a huge success, community spirit is alive in our little corner of the UK 🙂
- 30 minutes of Wii fit per day – I did my 30 minutes Monday, but as explained above I was unable to do any Tuesday and as I’m writing this Tuesday night I don’t know if I will be able to Wednesday yet, we’ll see. I’m not going to remove this yet bt may have to reconsider if my condition continues to be aggravated by it… 😦
- Artwork for WIP – None yet, will do later
- Comment on at least 5 photos in OU studio – I decided to have a mad blitz and go back through each week and comment on any photos in my group that had no comments, lost count somewhere after 20 comments, but probably at least 50!
- Schedule/upload my guests/interviews – Still none to add again this week, maybe I’ll get a new guest again soon!?
Now I’m going back to suffering, I wonder if getting my fiance to give me a massage tonight will help? hmmm
Thank you for reading! If you have enjoyed reading this post please share it with others who may be interested and I always enjoy receiving feedback and comments 🙂
- ROW80 8th Check-in – One month down!! (showard76.wordpress.com)
- ROW80 First Check-In! (showard76.wordpress.com)