The good news is I’m not in agony any more! whoop whoop! Not 100% but at least I’m on my feet and mobile. I went to see a chiropractor to see if they could help, my pelvis is ‘very’ out of alignment which probably doesn’t help matters, and he also thinks coming off the med’s I had to prevent migraines may be contributing to the increase in my pain issues as it would have had a global effect on pain reduction, not just for the migraines, so I may go back on those – he asked me to wait to see how much help his treatment is first though, so I will wait for now!
Before I get to the check-in I have a special treat for you, a taster of the start of my memoirs/life story that I am writing. This is an unedited draft, so please feel free to critique, it is a mess! Any suggestions/tips would be appreciated! ;D
So, I’m sitting reading this book then I pull a pencil out of my bag turn to the inside cover and start writing. You see not particularly because of what I’m reading but suddenly I decided I should write my life in sixty pages. Whether I make it in sixty pages is anybodies guess but I’m writing anyway.
It’s the first day of April, 2006 and turning into another typical year of my life. The job hunting plans have been shelved, again. The big plans are all waiting to be started and as happens every year we are just plodding along day to day hoping this year will be different, things will change. But today I have decided I cannot let things plod along anymore. Today is the beginning of the rest of our lives, just as soon as I get back from my tutorial that is…
In the beginning…
It all started thirteen years ago. I was sixteen and wanted to be a lawyer, but I was pregnant and had recently moved in with my future husband, so plans were on hold for a while.
The pregnancy was rough, but that wasn’t the worst of it. The flat we were living in was due for demolition but the health visitor insisted we must decorate it before the baby was born, even though we could be moving out any day. The other half was helping out some mates cash in hand so we could afford some wallpaper and paint. I was too busy vomiting to do much else then it happened…
You’ll have to wait until I’m done for more! hehe, is that cruel?
Any way, on with the check-in…
- Write at least 3 blog posts – 2 down, one to go…
- Write at least 250 words on WIP – 543 words so far
- Complete OU weekly learning sessions – did some reading and took notes for my second assignment, should have the results of the first ones for both courses by the end of the week!
- Comment on at least 10 blog posts – 16 posts commented on so far this week…
- Reply to my emails (daily) – Almost a waste including this as I’m always on top of it, lol
- Reply to tweets/RT’s/followers (daily) – again, keeping this up fine 🙂
- Write any Guest Post I have been asked to do – I wrote a guest post for Mind about crisis care and the referrals system for Mental Health care.
- Read 1 chapter of fiction – 1.5 chpaters of Nick Hornby‘s Polysyllabic Spree, the book I keep dipping in and out of between other books…
- Read 1 chapter of non-fiction – Another chapter of the Security book for my course done, with notes for the assignment 🙂
- Read at least one news article – Not read any yet, but still time!
- Contribute to OU/FB forums – Not so much in my photo ones, as I have no new pics to add. But a few comments & reading in others 🙂
- 30 minutes of Wii fit per day – I managed to do 30 minutes on Monday, very gentle yoga, mainly the breathing and basic exercises so as not to overdo it.
- Artwork for WIP – None yet this week, but got some planned and you can check-out my cartoon character of myself here
- Comment on at least 5 photos in OU studio – 23 comments so far this week
- Schedule/upload my guests/interviews – None to do
I’m also really chuffed to say I now have over 60 subscribers and passed 20,000 hits on my blog in all time this week! 😀
So, that’s it for this check-in. How are you all getting on? Well I hope! 🙂
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list of other ROW80 participants…
Thank you for reading! If you have enjoyed reading this post please share it with others who may be interested and I always enjoy receiving feedback and comments 🙂
- ROW80 8th Check-in – One month down!! (showard76.wordpress.com)
- ROW80 First Check-In! (showard76.wordpress.com)
- ROW80 9th check-in (showard76.wordpress.com)
- November 2nd Check-In and A Note About The Hashtag (aroundofwordsin80days.wordpress.com)
- Life Gets in the Way of Writing Memoir (clarbojahn.wordpress.com)
- ABCs of Writing: M is for Marketing (storycirclenetwork.wordpress.com)