First lets get the check-in and news out of the way…
- Write at least 3 blog posts – I’ve done the first of my 3 for this week and have a list of choose from for the others…
- Write at least 250 words on WIP – 295 words.
- Complete OU weekly learning sessions – Essay plan and notes all sorted for that second assignment, now I just have to write it all up
- Comment on at least 10 blog posts – Realised why I am reading so many posts – I’m subscribed to 93 blogs (and that’s just on WordPress!) I have commented on 13 so far
- Reply/comment to/on emails/twitter/facebook/forums – same old, lol yes all sorted…
- Guest Posts (mine/others) – I’ve written a guest post for TNIM which is up today, scheduled an interview and a guest post for my blog for later this week.
- Read 1 chapter of fiction – Final reading for the Security book done, can get back to some ‘leisure’ reading once I’ve typed up the assignment.
- Read 1 chapter of non-fiction – none (see above!)
- Read at least one news article – I read lost of mental health ones while deciding what to include in my TNIM piece. Also read one about Jimmy Carr (Comedian) getting in trouble over a joke, which is something that frequently frustrates me, my response to the article was – 1. The joke was NOT about Down Syndrome… 2. If you start saying certain issues are ‘off limits’ for jokes, then soon it becomes ALL topics are off limits – either EVERYTHING can be ‘joke worthy’ or NOTHING – you can’t pick and choose, certain things (even none ‘taboo’ stuff) will always offend SOMEONE!! 3. If you don’t like Jimmy’s crass style DON’T BLOODY GO TO HIS SHOWS!!! jeez… – What do you think? Does ‘Comedy’ have free reign to target ‘any’ subject? I know I wouldn’t be offended if they were making jokes about mental health…
- Artwork for WIP’s – I have done one piece and designed the logo for my new award…
- 30 minutes of Wii fit per week – none
I have also added 3 ‘word meters’ on my side bar to monitor my progress on my 3 WIP’s (the total word count is an estimate for each as I’m not sure what I’m actually aiming for, lol) but it is still nice to see them in this format. If anyone is looking for a word meter I found mine here – Language is a virus
NEWS FLASH 1 – Pandora of Serial Insomniac won the ‘New Media’ award at the Mind Media Awards on Monday evening, congratulations to her for producing such a brilliant, informative, mental health blog that is has received such a prestigious award!
AND NOW… drum roll please….
I would like to announce the winner of the NEW ‘Blogger of the Month Award’
This blogger has been posting some funny, insightful and moving pieces about her own life, awesome 10×10 posts (I especially enjoy the music ones!) along with her goals and achievements in the ROW80 Challenge. I admire her grit and determination and even as her recent post says her ‘stupidity’, lol
Without further ado I now pronounce Rant, Rave and Write author Lynnette BLOGGER OF THE MONTH and bestow upon her my brand new ‘badge’ on honour –
To accept this award all that you need to do is share it on your blog and award it to one other blogger next month 🙂
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list of other ROW80 participants…
How have your goals gone this week?
Tomorrow we start a new month – are you ready for the challenges December will bring? and impact the next round of celebrations will have on you schedule?