Wow, it’s nearly the end of the round! We have just a week left, then a break for Christmas before the next round starts in the New Year.
Are you coming back for the next round, or signing up for the first time?
I know I always say I haven’t done as much towards my goals as I would like but have actually done loads – well this time I REALLY haven’t done as much as I usually do…
Two things have distracted me…
First the Eurozone – although it counts towards goal 9 I have read so much on this topic as I wanted to understand why our PM David Cameron vetoed the treaty when 26 other countries were happy to sign it. So, I have bought and read several real newspapers, read loads of stuff online and even watched a number of programmes on the topic. Still not entirely sure I decided to contact my local MP and ask if they could give me a ‘plain english’ explanation of what is going on; they were very helpful at the MPs office and are going to send me out some information. Of course getting so wrapped up in this single topic has kept me from doing other stuff, but I think it is very important to understand the situation! Politics affects us all but nowhere near enough of us pay enough attention to really understanding the decisions our Government makes…
The Second thing is that I have just started reading the first book in the Hunger Games trilogy (soon to be a major motion picture) and I know this will have a knock on effect n the rest of the week as I had to force myself to put it down last night to go to sleep! I’ve only read the first 7 chapters, but as soon as I pick it up again I won’t put it down until it’s finished – and then I have to read the next two books… Still reading meets goal 7 😉
So here’s how I’ve done with the rest of the goals…
- Write at least 3 blog posts – 2 out of 3 ain’t bad…
- Write at least 250 words on WIP – None yet….
- Complete OU weekly learning sessions – looking at the next assignments for Feb and March, lol
- Comment on at least 10 blog posts – All on track, 17 commented on
- Reply/comment to/on emails/twitter/facebook/forums – Spot on as per norm
- Guest Posts (mine/others) – none to do yet.
- Read 1 chapter of fiction – I put Tempted down because my daughter has read all my Hunger Games books in 4 days (heavy going for her!) and wants me to catch up so she can talk to me about them! lol see above
- Read 1 chapter of non-fiction – none yet
- Read at least one news article – As described above… all this Eurozone stuff…
- Artwork for WIP’s – I finished editing and adding the pictures to the Children’s book, I’ve decided to launch it with the final check-in next week! 🙂
- 30 minutes of Wii fit per week – nadda, although I did walk for an hour in hail, rain, sleet and snow to collect my car from the garage yesterday – goddamn that was COLD!
Check out how the other ROW80er’s are getting on – Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list of other ROW80 participants…
Are you coming back/starting out in the next round!?
What do you think about the Eurozone crisis?
Thank you for reading! If you have enjoyed reading this post please share it with others who may be interested and I always enjoy receiving feedback and comments 🙂
- THE HUNGER GAMES – Group Character Photo Arrives (geektyrant.com)
- Book. (megakath.wordpress.com)
- The Hunger Games Nail Polish Is Confirmed (bellasugar.com)
- Read The Hunger Games, Say Goodbye to Reality! (booksintheburbs.com)
- THE HUNGER GAMES – Fire Dress Sketches set us ablaze (geektyrant.com)
- ‘Hunger Games’ Giveaway: Win a Copy of the Book and Poster (moviefone.com)
- The Hunger Games Movie Photos (news.instyle.com)
- Everything You Missed in the Hunger Games Trailer: 40 Awesome Images! [Hunger Games] (io9.com)
- What do parachutes symbolize in the hunger games (wiki.answers.com)
- ROW80 TeacherWriter Check in Wednesday, December 14 (teacherwriter.net)
- Why do I use @Zemanta? (e1evation.com)