Okay so as usual I’m avoiding the whole resolutions nonsense, and I have a bunch of ‘goals’ for my ROW80 challenge, along with also participating in the 50/50 challenge and Ultimate blog challenge; then (once Nikki is in order) I will be doing the Twitter and SEO challenges (Click here to visit NikkiPilkington.com.) – so you would think I have enough on my plate with all that…
Of course, I also have my OU course DD308 Making Social Worlds (my Sociology course) and my ‘Vision to Learn’ Business and Administration Course to complete – pretty sure I will be doing a chemistry course with the OU in February too.
I still want/need to have my list of new things to try, I have one little problem though – I’m lacking in ideas as my post for this topic from last year shows I have already tried ‘lots’ of new things and there are loads that I haven’t even included in the lists there – rifle shooting, places of interest visited, theatre shows, activities, sports, crafts – seriously, the only things I have rarely touched are things related to water (I’m not a strong swimmer and dislike it greatly; also I’m not good on boats – very seasick :/) and things related to heights (I have tried abseiling, high ropes and climbing activities, these have only aggravated my phobia; which I determined was a fear of falling rather than a fear of heights.
So, what do I have on my list of new things to try for 2012?
Not a darn lot, and a request for suggestions on Facebook and Twitter only bought 1 suggestion – Skydiving, and unfortunately I don’t think I will be putting that on my list. I like airplanes but I don’t really want to jump out of one. I also won’t be doing anything like bungee jumping or white water rafting… Hence, if you have any suggestions that are not water/height based I would happily consider adding them to my list which currently stands at…
- Visit the National Space Centre in Leicester – I’ve wanted to go for years, but for some reason never gotten round to going!
- Visit Bletchley Park – The WWII National Codes and Cipher Centre, more geeky goodness
- Visit Gaydon Motor Museum – the name gives this one away…
- Visit Magna in Sheffield – Science Adventure Centre
- Visit Glastonbury – not for the Festival (I went to a festival weekend a couple of years ago) I want to go for the ley lines 😉
- Go on Safari in the UK – I discovered http://www.totallywild.net that does overnight safari’s in Kent! Should be a fun cheap way to have the Safari experience! 😉
- Go to Whitby Gothic Weekend
- Look into and maybe join in with Massobs – Mass Observation social research project.
- Get my Amateur Radio License
As you can see there’s not many exciting things here! in fact a few visits and it’s pretty much done 😦
I’m joining an art class, but that isn’t a new thing.
I’m going to go roller skating, also not new.
I want to learn to dance with the other half, but that depends if I can get him to come along – proper dancing, like on Strictly Come Dancing, you know. I can already dance and have had dance classes when I was younger, so this isn’t exactly new either, but I guess it also is as it will be dances I haven’t learnt before…
And of course there’s my photography project (photograph a stranger and blog about it)
And I’ve always done charitable work, but I guess I could do something new there…
And that’s it stumped – I’ve even looked at several ‘Bucket list‘ sites for inspiration and most of the realistic achievable goals (how many of these include silly things like become a millionaire!? durr!) I’ve either done or won’t because of the heights/water issues.
So, now it’s over to you all again – any reasonable, realistic suggestions?
What about you, are you going to try something New in 2012?
- #ROW80 Goals for Round 1 2012 (showard76.wordpress.com)
- Bucket List for 2012 (nicoleandkevin.wordpress.com)
- 2012 Resolutions (lifeabsorbed.com)
- Post #35: My 2012 To Do List (theoriginalburpblog.wordpress.com)
- What do you want in 2012? (thatandthisinmumbai.wordpress.com)
- Contribute to virtual photography tours on any topic with PopSafari (thenextweb.com)
- What To Expect in 2012: Awesomeness (newcommbiz.com)
- Work it harder, make it better: entrepreneurial resolutions for 2012 (theglobeandmail.com)
- Forget the lists-just focus (jackmacholl.wordpress.com)
- Well, Hello 2012! (shaicoggins.com)
- Thinking Back and Gazing Ahead (notsoprivatecollegelife.wordpress.com)
- Screw Resolutions. 2012 Dissolutions (letitoutgirl.wordpress.com)
- 2012, or the Twilight Zone? (katbite.wordpress.com)
- We go swinging… (not that kind) – Queenstown, New Zealand (travelpod.com)
- New Year, New Me? (easytoddler.wordpress.com)
- My goals for 2012 (rebekahscorner.wordpress.com)