Well something certainly seems to be working out alright for me at the moment, because I seem to be getting my mojo back.
I have had a productive second half to the week and I’m really pleased with how well things are going.
- daily blog posts – I have posts scheduled up till next Thursday, including a guest post. So all I need to do now is my flash fiction post for Friday and something for Saturday and my check-in’s to complete next week!
- read/comment on others posts – I have reorganised when I receive my notifications of blog posts published on WordPress so that I get them all first thing in the morning rather than constantly throughout the day. This has really helped streamline the reading/commenting task and as a result I have commented on 34 posts since Wednesday!
- keep up with emails – Also much easier to handle now that I am only receiving ‘other’ emails during the day and these are not many or often so again this is going really well.
- do my assignments – I got 77% on my latest Sociology assignment, a pleasing score. Of course there’s always another one to be done so I am still ploughing on with this and keeping on schedule for getting them in on time 🙂
- catch up with social media – not a huge amount of time spent on this but I’ve returned to my Hootsuite account which is another thing that is helping make it a bit easier. Although having joined Triberr and Pinterest could potentially increase the time burden of social media stuff(I have seen a lot of people become rather addicted to constantly ‘pinning’ things – although I have received some blog traffic from Pinterest where someone else posted one of my blog posts on their board! So, it can’t be all bad!!
- get back to writing on my WIP (hopefully! lol) – okay so nothing yet, but the thought is there, I’m sure I will get back to it again soon now!
In addition to these I started reading another book (even though I have to finish the one I was reading before) and I have almost caught up with my TV shows (House, Bones and The Walking Dead)
Although I am not going to push myself too hard and not worry if I don’t hit the target on all of the goals I am going to return to using my original goals list now, just to see how well I am doing, it’s easier to measure my progress if I look at how much I ‘want’ to be achieving overall. Therefore my goals for the final few check-in’s are:
- At least 5 post per week (not including check-ins)
- Guest posts (me writing for others and others for me) and interviews
- Pages – Keep up to date
- Comments – read and comment/like at least 10 blogs per week and keep up with responding to comments on my blog
At least 1 book per week (fiction or non fiction)– to meet 50/50 (Fifty/Fifty.Me) challenge and reduce my ‘to be read’ pile
At least one news article per week – for inspiration
Do any Beta Reading that I have lined up
At least 500 words per week on any of my 3 wip’s. Priority on ‘The Way I See It’ my BPD book, which I hope to complete this round as my overall goal for the round.
At least 1 drawing per week, either for pleasure, wip or comic strip. Blog it, why chose to draw this, what it is etc…
At least 30 mins every other day, either wii fit, step or pilates (maybe join a pilates class?)
OU weekly requirements
Complete at least one study block of Business course per week
Emails – keep up with reading, responding and tidy inbox weekly.
Music – Add at least 5 CD’s per week to back-up/itunes etc on laptop/server
Movies – Watch at least one NEW film per week for 50/50 challenge
TV Shows – watch Bones, House and The Walking Dead weekly episodes
Photography – Approach 1 stranger, photograph them and blog about it – another challenge, to get me out of the house and meeting people – should be interesting! hopefully one a week, but not sure yet – still a new idea!
Let’s see how that goes!
I have a big important interview on Tuesday, so I suspect the preparations for that will mean I don’t get much done towards these for Wednesday’s check-in, but who knows…
How has your week been?
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list of other ROWers…